Anduin window manager
MIThril CVS Repository
The MIThril vision
MIThril Enchantment Software
Real-Time Contxt Engine
Wearables Home Page
MIThril, the next generation research platform for context aware wearable computing.
MIThril is a next-generation wearables research platform developed by
researchers at the MIT Media Lab. The goal of the MIThril project is
the development and prototyping of new techniques of human-computer
interaction for body-worn applications. Through the application of
human factors, machine learning, hardware engineering, and software
engineering, the MIThril team is constructing a new kind of computing
environment and developing prototype applications for health,
communications, and just-in-time information delivery.
The MIThril hardware platform combines body-worn computation, sensing,
and networking in a clothing-integrated design. The MIThril software
platform is a combination of user interface elements and machine
learning tools built on the Linux operating system.
For more information about MIThril, see the links to the left or contact
the MIThril team, <MIThril@media.mit.edu>.
- ISWC 2003 was a great success -- MIT had a strong showing, and the overall quality of the program was quite good. The Memory Glasses paper has gotten a lot of attention, which you can download here. We are now in the process of doing some long-overdue updates to the web site, so please be patient.
- The main MIThril web site is still woefully out of date, but we
have a new publication out that covers some recent developments: MIThril 2003: Applications and
Architecture, published in ISWC 2003
- Most new information is now in our borglab wiki, including newer hardware documentation, and our MIThril 2003 work that focuses on the Sharp Zaurus.
- What was previously called the MIThril Inference Engine has now
been renamed the MIThril
Contxt Engine, and considerable work is ongoing in its development
- The Squirt 2 (crystal tag) document package is available from the MIThril hardware page.
- The USB-enabled (USB 1.1) MIThril junction document package is
available from the MIThril hardware
- A substantial amount of high-level documentation has been added to our CVS repository, which should make it considerably more useful.
- The MIThril
wiki has lots of new material, especially on the MIThril Construction topic.