Lead Community Efforts
- Internally: develop processes to optimize DCI for learning and value creation, while clarifying our values and culture.
- Externally: strengthen DCI’s presence within the MIT, Boston, and academic cryptocurrency ecosystems.
—Help organize and run programming for large events at MIT, primarily MIT Bitcoin Expo and Business of Blockchain.
—Help create Crypto Journal
—Meet with organizers of various communities (meetups, VCs, academic institutions) to understand opportunities DCI can fill. Expand DCI’s role in the ecosystem and determine “APIs” between various other community nodes.
Positively Shape Long-Term Societal Impact:
Work with ecosystem leaders to develop ethics, values, and culture that benefit humanity, while
curtailing those that do not.
- Experiment with new kinds of initiatives given a networked blockchain future, especially those that concern wealth distribution.
- Establish “how tech changes society” podcast, and interview experts on the topic.
- Host an event on how cryptocurrency is changing society
- Explore and understand Bitcoin community dynamics and help to positively shape them
- Continue to collaborate and support existing diversity and inclusion initiatives, like She256 and MovingForward. Re-create MIT’s 2016 summer bootcamp in summer of 2019 for underrepresented minorities.
This appointment is for one year with the possibility of extension based on funding availability and research priorities.