The Mechatronic Engineer/Embedded Systems Engineer will be part of a multi-disciplinary research group developing open source, cyber physical CEA systems on a variety of scales. The successful candidate will design and architect with an understanding of the full stack in terms of hardware and software, the team and their abilities, and bandwidth including the context and priority of design audiences.
For more information on the Open Agriculture Initiative please visit https://www.media.mit.edu/groups/open-agriculture-openag/overview/
This is a one-year-appointment with the possibility of extension.
The primary responsibilities will include:
● Core embedded systems development of research platforms;
● Coordinating with back end, front end, mechanical, biological and architectural teams;
● Integrating environmental sensing and control systems;
● Other duties as assigned.
● Bachelor’s in computer science, electrical engineer, embedded systems or similar technical field;
● At least three years’ professional experience in system design, embedded systems, electronics, firmware;
● Demonstrated fluency in all stages of hardware and software design and development;
● Programming experience in Python, C++;
● Experience with middleware frameworks (e.g., ROS) and driver development;
● Microcontroller programming;
● PCB design and manufacturing;
● Rapid prototyping and parametric design experience (e.g., Solidworks, CAD)
● Effective communicator;
● Ability to work independently with minimal oversight;
● Ability to think strategically and exercise excellent independent judgment;
● Must be able to work on several tasks concurrently, manage timelines, highly organized, collaborate with a diverse group in a team-oriented, fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment;
● Must be able to work a varying schedule with some evening and weekend hours required during deployment of pilot programs;
● Demonstrated commitment to diversity and serving diverse constituents.
● Master’s degree in computer science, electrical engineer, embedded systems or similar technical field;
● Five or more years’ professional experience in systems design, embedded systems, electronics, firmware;
● Experience with design and architecture of back end and/or front end web-based systems.
Interested applicants should submit a resume and cover letter at http://careers.mit.edu; keyword "Agriculture". Please reference job no. 13048.
Find open positions at MIT by career area, location, full- or part-time, keyword and more.