We are seeking a curious and enthusiastic quality assurance engineer to join our Scratch team at the MIT Media Lab. Scratch (scratch.mit.edu) is a free visual programming language and global online community where children can create and share interactive media such as stories, games, and animations.
Here at the Lifelong Kindergarten research group (MIT Media Lab), we are passionate about creating technology that enables kids to think creatively, work collaboratively, and reason systematically. We’re looking for engineers who enjoy collaborating as much as coding and who thrive in an environment of continual iteration and improvement. Located in the MIT Media Lab, the Scratch team works amid a giant pit of LEGO bricks – so a love for creative making (and tolerance for a bit of a mess) is a must!
We believe that amazing people come from diverse backgrounds and experiences. The Scratch team is a small, close-knit group of designers, engineers, and researchers whose prior experience includes established tech companies, various startups, and many open source projects. While you should have some experience with our technology stack (see below), we fully support candidates that have come to engineering through non-traditional paths. We also value a healthy work-life balance and strive to accommodate the commitments of family life.
This is a one-year appointment with possibility of extension based on funding availability and the principal investigator’s priorities.
• Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or two or more years’ experience in software development and/or quality assurance testing
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Process-driven and detail-oriented
• Experience developing automated test suites for web applications
• Able to communicate clearly with users aged 8 and up to isolate and describe issues
• Proficiency with an automated testing framework (e.g., Selenium)
To apply, go to careers.mit.edu and search for job ID #15205.
Find open positions at MIT by career area, location, full- or part-time, keyword and more.