Parking and Maps
There are a few public parking facilities near campus which are available for a fee. The approximate cost for an 8-hour stay is listed below (these parking facilities are not operated by MIT, so rates are subject to change without notice).
- 7 Cambridge Center Garage—Ames Street between Broadway and Main Streets. This garage is about two blocks away from the Media Lab.
- Marriott Hotel Garage/Cambridge Center—Between Broadway and Ames Streets. This garage is about two blocks away from the Media Lab.
- Kendall Square South Garage—350 Kendall Street—view site for current rates. This garage is a 5-10 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- One Broadway Garage—Enter from Third Street. This garage is a 5-10 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- Corner of Massachusetts Avenue and Vassar Street. This is about a 10-15 minute walk from the Media Lab.
- University Park—Green and Landsdowne Streets. 5 minute walk to Central Square, 15-20 minute walk to the Media Lab.
On-street parking near the Media Lab is extremely rare. Ames Street has limited metered parking and Memorial Drive has free parking, but both are usually full by 8:00am.
Other Useful Maps
Image: Michael Chia-Liang Lin