A MIT event registration needs to be filed for a majority of the events hosted in E14 and E15. MIT requires event registration if the event meets any of the following criteria:
- more than 100 attendees
- more than 20% of attendees are not members of the MIT community
- events are co-sponsored with a non-MIT partner
- alcohol will be served
- minors will be in attendance
Please visit the MIT Institute Events website for full details regarding event registration.
If you're familiar with the Institute's rules regarding event registration, here are some important reminders:
- Events are registered through Atlas, under "Event Planning" then "Register New Event".
- Make sure to submit your form at least 4 - 8 weeks prior to the event
- If there will be a cash bar, there are two registrations required:
1. MIT Event Registration
2. City of Cambridge special one-day liquor license (allow up to 6 weeks for processing)