The Administrative Assistant will provide varied and complex administrative support for Prof. Canan Dagdeviren and the Conformable Decoders research group.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
· Schedule and coordinate professor’s and group’s calendars;
· Coordinate and support all financial and procurement activity as follows:
- Procurement: liaise with vendors, make purchases, prepare purchase orders, and receiving;
- Reimburse expenses for materials and services, and reconcile and process invoices;
- Reconcile procurement card charges and review Financial Review & Control (FRC) reports;
- Track spending and assist monitoring budgets and expenditures;
- Manage spending for group including implementing spending limits and travel restrictions as needed.
· Develop inventory system and collaborate with lab manager to organize efficient purchasing, and monitor and participate in 5S activities in the cleanroom laboratory facility and office spaces, while also ensuring safety of both spaces, as well as project support;
· Coordinate research and group activities such as sponsor visits, creating agendas, scheduling demos, coordinating meetings, catering (ordering, setting/cleaning up, greeting/escorting guests, orientations, etc.);
- Plan, organize, and prepare detailed travel and complex itineraries;
- Coordinate and process reimbursement for travel expenses for professor and research group.
· Help with research grant searching and writing;
· Triage high volume of complex communications building collaborative relationships with colleagues, press, sponsors, collaborators, and visitors;
· Help with organizing and coordinating invited speaker talk series;
· Liaise between students and professor; serving as information source for students regarding group activities, travel, purchasing, etc.;
· Work with PI on hiring and supervising student/temporary workers and contractors and with ML HR on regular staff hiring;
· Onboard and offboard new and graduated group members, respectively;
· Provide support for academic activities, monitoring deadlines/due dates, maintain professor’s CV, etc.;
· Provide general office support;
· Other duties as assigned.
· High School diploma;
· At least three years’ work experience supporting managers;
· Superior interpersonal skill is required as the administrative assistant will interact with a diverse group of researchers, students, corporate sponsors, and administrators;
· Able to proactively engage and anticipate needs;
· Flexible team player who is comfortable working in a demanding, fast-paced environment with frequent interruptions, able to work independently;
· Ability to handle multiple tasks concurrently and set priorities to meet deadlines;
· Demonstrated proficiency with English grammar and composition and excellent editing/proofreading skills;
· Attention to detail;
· Well-developed organizational skills;
· Demonstrated sound judgment;
· Strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills;
· Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel);
· Ability and willingness to quickly master new software programs as necessary.
· Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline
· Interest or background in Materials Science or any Engineering discipline;
· MIT business appls: SAPgui, Concur, Google applications (GoogleDoc, GoogleSpreadsheet, etc.), Dropbox.
To apply, go to careers.mit.edu and search for job ID#17410.
Find open positions at MIT by career area, location, full- or part-time, keyword and more.