- Responsible for monitoring all financial activities for research group (professor and group members) including assisting with budget preparation;
- Handle all financial activities according to Media Lab Finance and MIT procedure and compliance policy, such as reconciliations of expenses, expense reimbursements, purchase including complex purchase orders and contracts – establishing and closing, independent contractor coordination, Financial Review & Control (FRC) reports, accounts payables, maintain all records, invoices, receipts, and the like according to MIT’s record retention policy, etc.;
- Responsible for use of MIT Procurement and Travel credit cards for group according to Media Lab Finance and MIT procedure and compliance policy.
Proposals, Grants and Contracts:
- Assist professor and staff with production of grant proposals and progress reports to government agencies, corporations, and private foundations, including developing detailed budgets and spending reports;
- Serve as primary liaison to subcontractors on grants for administrative and financial details;
- Manage post-award and administrative items
- Manage IRB submissions regarding human-subject protocols;
- Manage and coordinate contracts:
- Monitor adherence to contract provisions spending and invoicing and initiate renewal of contracts
- Close out contracts and coordinate disposition of overruns and shortfalls
- Make sure faculty and staff are aware of timetables, deadlines, and reporting responsibilities.
- Schedule research demos;
- Arrange meetings and visits by members, sponsors, guests;
- Coordinate and set up catering;
- Play a leading role in the logistics, planning, and administrative support for large events and conferences organized by the group.
- For professor: coordinate, prepare itineraries, reconcile and reimburse travel;
- Book travel for researchers and students and submit expenses for reimbursement;
- Coordinate travel plans and reimbursement for event speakers and guests.
- Serve as general hub of information for research group;
- Coordinate the organization and use of space within the research group;
- Assist in the advertising of and selection of new research staff and contractors;
- Update the group’s website;
- Monitor and order supplies;
- Respond to written and electronic correspondence on behalf of the research group;
- Provide high-level support (point of contact, mail distribution, etc.) for approximately 15 researchers and students;
- Verify undergraduate timesheets;
- Other duties as assigned.
Supervision Received: By Prof. Resnick under minimal supervision.
Supervision Exercised: None.