Day of AI is an annual educational event wherein teachers across the country will introduce students of all backgrounds to foundational concepts in artificial intelligence and its role in their lives.
The goal of the program is to help educators and students develop the AI literacy needed to navigate this AI-driven world. In collaboration with education provider i2 Learning, MIT RAISE is providing free training and support to teachers to help them bring AI curricula into their classrooms through engaging, hands-on activities. The first Day of AI will be on May 13, 2022.
For the inaugural Day of AI, Cynthia Breazeal will moderate a panel of AI experts at WBUR CitySpace, starting at 10:45am ET. The panel will be livestreamed.
Opening remarks by:
- Jeff Leiden, CEO of Vertex
- Lt. Governor Polito
- Safinah Ali, PhD student, MIT Media Lab
- Steve Idowu, Senior Manager, Strategic Innovation, Liberty Mutual
- Alex Aronov, Executive Director- Data Strategy & Solutions, Vertex
- Sara Saperstein, Head of Data Science, Cybersecurity and Fraud, MassMutual
WBUR will also host a special broadcast, "Remarkable Science: Our future with AI and Robots," in honor of Day of AI. Daniela Rus, head of CSAIL, will join host Meghna Chakrabarti in a discussion with other experts.