PLIX@MIT Workshop 2020
Update from the PLIX team (March 9, 2020): We have decided to cancel the upcoming PLIX@MIT Workshop due to the evolving situation of the Novel Coronavirus (COVID-19). We were very much looking forward to welcoming you to the Media Lab, and cancelling this workshop was not an easy decision. However, the health of our participants and our local community is our biggest concern. We also wanted to respect MIT’s recommendation to restrict on-campus, in-person events. We plan to reschedule the in-person workshop for a future date and hope that many of you will be able to join us then. If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to reach out.
Join us for our second PLIX Workshop, and the first one at MIT! March 30–April 1, 2020 in Cambridge, MA.
The Public Library Innovation Exchange (PLIX) team is hosting the second PLIX Workshop on March 30–April 1, 2020 in Cambridge, Massachusetts at the MIT Media Lab.
The Public Library Innovation Exchange (aka PLIX) began collaborating with public libraries in 2017. Since then, we’ve grown into a community of librarians and MIT Media Lab researchers who strive to integrate the ideas of creative learning into their library programs and facilitation practice. This PLIX@MIT Workshop represents the second gathering of the PLIX community, and our first one at the Lab, bringing together around 50 librarians and community members from across the country.
As more librarians are asked to lead educational programs with emerging technologies, we think it’s important not just to get technology into the hands of patrons, but to cultivate an environment for patrons to experiment and create with technology. As part of this workshop, you’ll be able to:
- Learn more about creative learning and hone your facilitation skills in our PLIX Facilitator Training session.
- Take a deep dive into 2-3 PLIX activities—we’ll cover everything you need to know to get started offering these activities in your library.
- Get to know one another: the PLIX team, Media Lab researchers, and the ~50 other public librarians in attendance.
- Learn more about PLIX projects, current and future.
- Practice your new facilitation skills at a Public Maker Night we’ll be hosting Wednesday evening!
More information about the event can be found at plix.media.mit.edu/events/mit-2020