Sustainable Development Goal 16: Peace, Justice and Strong Institutions seeks to promote just, peaceful and inclusive societies. This webinar will highlight projects that have incorporated Earth observation data to better understand and to take action to end violent conflict and human rights abuses around the globe. It will also seek to explore how space technology can be used for projects designed around promoting strong governmental institutions that are responsive to their citizens.
- Sharing of real-world examples of how space technologies are being used for human rights and governance projects
- How does better information lead to different policy decisions?
- Unique considerations in this area due to the nature of observed conflict
- Is too much focus on being put on one-off event observation; how can Earth observation technology be used to longer-term monitoring?
- Highlight potential technical, legal, and other barriers that limit the operational use of Earth observations by decision-makers, project managers, and development partners
- Share pathways of collaboration and coordination/lessons learned