What We're Looking For:
- Natural Language Processing —Experience in working with modern NLP algorithms and related machine learning methods.
- Machine Learning & Pattern Analysis—Applicants should have experience with modern statistical machine learning and pattern analysis techniques (applied to unstructured and structured data), and preferably software engineering skills and experience working with large datasets.
- Digital Interaction Design -- Experience in developing, testing, and iterating design of digital interfaces/apps/tools with user feedback.
- Network Analysis—Applicants should have experience with state of the art network analysis techniques (applied to social networks, and other networks derived from unstructured data) including design and analysis of randomized experiments on networks, and preferably software engineering skills and experience working with large heterogeneous datasets.
- Data Visualization—Applicants should have experience with state of the art data visualization and interaction techniques, and preferably software engineering skills and experience working with large heterogeneous datasets.
- Spoken Language Processing—Applicants should have experience with state of the art spoken language and speech processing techniques including speech recognition and design of spoken language and audio interfaces.
- Overall we seek applicants passionate about applying these technical skills with the goal of advancing equity by designing human-machine systems that foster constructive communication and learning across divides.
- Special Requirements:
Submission of a portfolio is optional.
Learn about applying through the Program in Media Arts & Sciences.