Ali Shtarbanov, a PhD student in the Responsive Environments research group, was named as the winner of the CHI 2021 Student Research Competition at the graduate level for "FlowIO Development Platform—the Pneumatic 'Raspberry Pi' for Soft Robotics."
The Student Research Competition (SRC) is a forum for undergraduate and graduate students to showcase their research, exchange ideas, and improve their communication skills while competing for prizes at CHI 2021.
The Student Research Competition has the following goals:
- to give undergraduate and graduate students the opportunity to share their research ideas and results at CHI in a special forum that provides visibility for their work
- to give students the opportunity to meet with and interact with CHI attendees to share ideas, gain new insights, and understand possible practical applications
- to give students an opportunity to sharpen their communication skills
- to provide detailed feedback to students about their research and presentation, from a panel of distinguished judges from industry and academia
- to recognize and reward outstanding student research