Neri Oxman, head of the Mediated Matter research group, has been named as a 2019 International Fellow of the Royal Institute of British Architects (RIBA). This is a lifetime honor recognizing architects whose contributions demonstrate an interest in the objectives of the RIBA and exhibit "distinction and a breadth of contribution to architecture."
This year's Fellows are:
- Frida Escobedo – Frida Escobedo Architecture Workshop, Mexico
- Poul Ove Jensen – DISSING+WEITLING architecture, Denmark
- Michael Murphy and Alan Ricks – MASS Design Group, USA
- Neri Oxman – MIT Media Lab, USA
- Emilio Tuñón – Tuñón Architects, Spain
- Ignacio Vicens y Hualde – Vicens + Ramos Architects, Spain