The Signal Kinetics group, led by professor Fadel Adib at MIT, has a postdoc opening in ultra-low-power ASICs for emerging Internet-of-Things (IoT) applications. Applicants are expected to have experience in designing, fabricating, and testing ASICs and background wireless communications and signal processing. The research will focus on developing IoT systems for biomedical and underwater applications.
Initial appointment will be for one year, with the possibility of extension based on funding and the direction of the research.
Expected start date: Summer or Fall 2021.
- Conduct research to design, fabricate, and test novel ASICs.
- Evaluate systems in practical environments (including in tissues and underwater environments);
- Apply signal processing and circuit design for biomedical sensing and underwater networking;
- Communicate results to the scientific community through publications in peer-reviewed academic publications and scholarly dissemination as directed by the PI;
- Contribute to the development of proposals for research funding and to the reporting of results to funding agencies;
- Engage in wider research and scholarly activities with the research group;
- Other duties as assigned.
- PhD in electrical/electronic/communications engineering, computer science, physics, materials science, physics, or in relevant field;
- Experience in analog/mixed-digital ASIC design, fabrication, and testing;
- Experience in ASIC design for energy harvesting, ultra-low-power management, and sensor interfaces;
- Experience in RFIC;
- Background in signal processing
and wireless communication systems;
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent writing skills
- Experience in piezoelectric energy harvesting;
- Experience in antenna design;
- Experience in digital design and
- Experience in RFID protocol design and implementation;
- Background in machine learning
Interested applicants should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short (one to two paragraph) description of their background and interest.