MIT (and Wellesley) undergrad students can work for credit, pay, or as volunteers.
You can learn more about policies and deadlines on the UROP website. The Media Lab is one of the largest employers of UROPs at MIT, with approximately 150 students working each semester.
- UROP Direct Funding (Sophomores, Juniors, Seniors): Sept 15, 2020
- MAS/ML Sponsored Funding: Sept 15, 2020
- UROP Direct Funding (First Years Only): Oct 1, 2020
- Supervisor/Sponsored Research Funding (non-ML): Oct 22, 2020
- Credit and Volunteer: Oct 22, 2020 [To receive credit, students must be registered for the Fall term and pay applicable tuition.]
Fall 2020 pay period: Tuesday, September 1, 2020 - Thursday, December 31, 2020
These are firm deadlines set by the UROP office.