On November 10th, the first meeting of the Vida Decision Support System International Collaboration Network took place, with collaborators from Angola, Brazil, Chile, Indonesia, and Mexico meeting to discuss the ongoing innovations occurring on the Vida project as well as other related integrated modeling and data analysis with respect to the COVID-19 pandemic. Learn more about the Vida Decision Support System, led by the Space Enabled research group, at this site.
Please view the agenda below along with summary slides from each collaborator.
A summary of the meeting can be found in this document.
All times are in ET, post-daylight savings time.
Introduction | 8:05 AM
Opening remarks from Professor Danielle Wood
MIT Vida Demonstration | 8:10 AM
A demonstration of thee current Vida prototype tool and a discussion of future directions by Jack Reid (Doctoral Student, Space Enabled Research Group, MIT Media Lab).
Vida Collaborator Presentations | 8:25 AM (10 minutes each)
Presentations from Vida collaborators in the following order: Brazil, Indonesia, Chile, Angola, and Mexico.
Presentation from the team in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
- Speaker name: Felipe C. Mandarino
- Organizational Affiliation: Instituto Pereira Passos, Rio de Janeiro City Government
- Presentation Title: COVID-19 Data Management and Analysis in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
Presentation from the team in Indonesia
- Speaker name: Prof. Hanifa M. Denny
- Organizational Affiliation: Diponegoro University
- Presentation Title: Indonesia's 45th-week journey in combating COVID-19
Presentation from the team in Chile
- Speaker name: José Guridi
- Organizational Affiliation: Ministry of Science, Technology, Knowledge and Innovation
- Presentation Title: COVID-19 Data in Chile
Presentation from the team in Angola
- Speaker name: Joana Paula Nogueira da Cunha Caetano
- Organizational Affiliation: GGPEN - Angolan Office for Space Affairs
- Presentation Title: GGPEN Experience with VIDA Project and Status of COVID-19 in Angola
Presentation from the team in Mexico
- Speaker name: Prof. Joaquin Salas
- Organizational Affiliation: Instituto Politécnico Nacional
- Presentation Title: Environment, Vulnerability and COVID-19 in the Context of VIDA
Conclusion (10 minutes) | 9:40 AM
Summary of where information can be found and closing remarks from Professor Danielle Wood.