Full-Stack Software Developer for Indoor IoT (internship/co-op position)
We are working on commercializing cutting-edge MIT technology invented by professor Fadel Adib and the Signal Kinetics group. Our technology uses IoT to 3D map indoor environments with unparalleled precision, and has applications in various industries including retail, warehousing, and manufacturing.
What we are looking for: The Signal Kinetics group has a co-op/intern opening for a full-stack software developer to work with us on piloting the technology with an industry partner in real-world use-cases. The position will focus on cloud computing, back-end/front-end development, and software system integration. The co-op/intern will be working as part of a team, while focusing on the software system design, implementation, and evaluation.
Start Date: Any time between Nov. 2021 and Feb. 2022
Duration: 4-8 months
Interested applicants can send an email with CV and a paragraph describing interest in the project to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Develop the cloud and back-end architecture for an indoor mapping system
- Design and implement API’s for system integration
- Develop front-end web and UI
- Evaluate and apply split and distributed computing principles to optimize processing
- Define system metrics and build a repeatable benchmarking pipeline to gather those metrics
- Collaborate with industry stakeholders on concrete use cases; communicate results and incorporate feedback
- Collaborate with a team of researchers in developing, prototyping, and evaluation
Qualifications & Skills:
- Strong programming experience in either Python, C/C++, or other relevant languages for software engineering
- Experience in cloud computing such as AWS or Microsoft Azure
- Mobile Development (Swift/iOS)
- Industry experience (can be in the form of an internship) in working with production code
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Bachelors’ in Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or in relevant field
- Experience in large-scale distributed networked systems