The Signal Kinetics group, led by professor Fadel Adib at MIT, has a program coordinator opening. Applicants are expected to have experience in conference/workshop facilitation and administrative support and organization. The position will focus on workshop facilitation, strategy, planning, and organization. The position is available immediately, and the group is looking to hire within a week’s time frame.
Initial appointment will be for 6 months as a contractor, with the possibility of development into full-time employment based on performance and funding availability.
Expected start date: August/Sep 2020.
Applications will be reviewed as they are received.
This position has been filled, and there are no more openings.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Developing and implementing strategies for in-workshop activities including ideation/brainstorming, facilitation of discussions, steering conversations toward actionable items
- Coordinating multiple workgroups through all stages of meeting facilitation: including setting agendas, writing briefs, maintaining calendars, sending invites, virtual space preparation, taking minutes, writing reports out
- Establishing and maintaining effective organization for administrative tasks for the activities
- Drafting general correspondence and other documents such as invites, emails, follow-up
- Triaging inquiries and facilitate communication between organizers and interested applications
- Developing and maintain online content include websites, registration, attendee tracking, and invite lists
- Developing and implementing outreach efforts through social media, press, and other channels
- Preparing, proofreading, and editing grant reports and proposals
- Researching the societal impact of workshop activities
- Tracking spending, budgeting, and accounting for the events
Qualifications & Skills
- Experience in conference or workshop facilitation
- Experience in coordinating among various stakeholders
- Flexibility and an aptitude for handling a wide variety of duties
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team, good interpersonal and communication skills
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills with demonstrated proficiency with English grammar and composition and excellent proofreading and editing skills;
- Strong organizational skills
- Background in website content creation
- Experience in social media campaigns
- Background in media editing/production software (photoshop, video editing, etc.)
- Interest in technology for societal impact, especially if it is in the context of oceans and climate
Interested applicants should email their CV to firstname.lastname@example.org along with a short (one to two paragraph) description of their background and interest