Hardware Engineer for Indoor IoT Technology
We are working on commercializing cutting-edge MIT technology invented by professor Fadel Adib and the Signal Kinetics group. Our technology uses IoT for indoor 3D mapping with unparalleled precision, and has applications in various industries including retail, warehousing, and manufacturing.
What we are looking for: The Signal Kinetics group is looking to expand our commercialization team with a hardware engineer to co-lead end-to-end hardware development including RF, PCB design, and power management. The position will focus on developing the hardware stack for the novel indoor mapping technology with the goal of piloting the technology with an industry partner in real-world use-cases as part of our commercialization venture.
Start Date: Any time between Nov. 2021 and Feb. 2022
Duration: The pilot development will last 6-9 month, after which there will be opportunities for full-time employment as part of the commercialization venture.
Interested applicants can send an email with CV and a paragraph describing interest in the project to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Design and fabricate a PCB for an indoor mapping system
- Design and develop RF front-end on the PCB
- Develop and implement embedded architecture
- Implement signal processing algorithms in embedded systems (C and FPGA)
- Evaluate RF systems in real-world use cases and optimize performance
- Define system metrics and build a repeatable benchmarking pipeline to gather those metrics
- Collaborate with industry stakeholders on concrete use cases; communicate results and incorporate feedback
- Collaborate with a team of researchers in developing, prototyping, and evaluation
Qualifications & Skills:
- Bachelors or Masters in Electrical Engineering, Computer Science, or in relevant field
- PhD in Electrical Engineering, or 3 years + of industry experience in RF hardware design
- Experience in PCB design and fabrication, including power management and RF design
- Experience in embedded programming (e.g., C)
- Experience in FPGA programming
- Background in RF signal processing
- Ability to work independently, as well as a part of a highly collaborative interdisciplinary team
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Industry experience in working with production hardware
- Background and experience in RFID systems
- Antenna design and implementation, including fabrication and HFSS simulation.