Future of Wearables and the Upgradeable Human
Join us as we explore the possibilities and applications of technologies for augmenting and upgrading human capability over the next 10+ years.
Live Webcast: Starts at 9:30am, please ask your company liaison for the password
9:00-9:30am | Registration & Breakfast
9:30 - 9:45 | Welcome
10:00 - 10:15 | Dan Gauger, Distinguished Engineer, Bose Corporation
Hear Better: To Feel More, Do More, and Be More
10:30 - 10:45 | break
10:45 - 11:00 | Jay Sales, Director & Co-Founder of The Shop at VSP
11:30 - 12:30pm | Lunch - *live webcast concludes*
12:30 - 1:45 | Breakout session 1: future use cases and problems to solve
1:45 - 2:15 | Session 1 share-back
2:15 - 2:30 | Break
2:30 - 3:45 | Breakout session 2: technologies and solutions
3:45 - 4:15 | Session 2 share-back
4:15 - 5:00 | Wrap-up
5:00 - 6:30 | Reception
- Sensory Augmentation: visual, hearing, haptics, orientation, etc.
- Cognitive Augmentation: access to knowledge, brain function, etc.
- Motor Augmentation: physical strength, speed, accuracy, fitness, endurance, etc.
- Physiological Augmentation: controlling heart, breathing, blood, nerves, etc.
- Environmental Augmentation: interfacing and interacting with tech around you (cars, home, mobile, external sensors, etc.)
This event is for Media Lab members and invited guests only.