<OUR GROUP IS ONLY ACCEPTING ZERO TO ONE APPLICANTS FOR 2021 START DEPENDING ON AVAILABILITY OF FUNDING>
The Fluid Interfaces research group investigates how wearable and immersive systems can enhance cognitive skills such as attention, motivation, memory, emotion regulation, behavior change, empathy, creativity and more . We design and build novel systems to study and influence human behavior and cognition in non-lab settings and look for applicants who are passionate about designing systems that can help people with strengthening certain cognitive skills.
We look for applicants who:
- are passionate about designing novel immersive and wearable systems that can enhance people's cognitive functions and wellbeing;
- are interested in psychology and neuroscience, specifically the study of human behavior and how it can be influenced;
- have some of the technical skills needed to turn their ideas into working prototypes (programming, electrical engineering, sensors, machine learning are especially relevant);
- are highly creative, inventive, and full of ideas;
- are not afraid to pick up the new skills and knowledge they need to implement their visions;
- are good team players and like to collaborate;
- care a lot about design and coming up with well thought-out, elegant solutions;
- are excellent speakers;
- are able to write well, including authoring technical papers.
Please give us a sense of why our group is right for you and how you would contribute. What novel ideas would you bring to the group? Your portfolio and/or webpages should document the different research projects you have worked on: what they are, what your role was in each of them (concept, implementation, evaluation, etc) what was interesting or innovative about each of them, and finally, some documentation of the results and/or relevant publications.