The Fluid Interfaces research group is radically rethinking the ways people interact with the digital world. We aim to design user interfaces and experiences that are more intuitive and better integrated in our daily lives. We investigate ways to augment people as well as the objects and spaces around them with systems that are more seamless as well as more responsive to their behavior and interests. The resulting systems offer opportunities for radically rethinking how people learn, make decisions and take care of their wellbeing.
What We're Looking For:
- are interested in radically reinventing our relationship with technology
- are able to design as well as implement new interfaces for people to interact with information and with others;
- are creative, inventive, and full of ideas;
- are "builders", not afraid to pick up the new skills they need to implement their visions;
- are good team players;
- have strong technical skills (programming, sensors/hardware and machine learning are especially relevant);
- care a lot about design and coming up with well thought out, elegant solutions to problems;
- are excellent speakers and writers; and
- ideally have some prior expertise in relevant areas.
Please include a URL with additional information at the bottom of your "statement of research interests." Your web pages should document the different projects you have worked on: what they are, what your role was in each of them, what was interesting or innovative about each of them, and finally, some documentation of the results and/or relevant publications.