~Fluid Interfaces will be accepting new student applications in 2022~
The Fluid Interfaces research group investigates how wearable and immersive systems can support cognitive functions such as attention, motivation, memory, emotion regulation, behavior change, communication, empathy, creativity and more . We design, build and study novel systems that can influence human behavior and cognition in non-lab settings.
We look for applicants who:
- are passionate about designing novel immersive and wearable systems that can support cognitive functions and wellbeing;
- are interested in psychology and neuroscience, specifically the study of human behavior and how it can be influenced;
- have some of the technical skills needed to turn their ideas into working prototypes (programming, electrical engineering, sensor technologies, industrial design, and machine learning are especially relevant);
- are highly creative, inventive, and full of ideas to try out;
- are not afraid to pick up the new skills and knowledge they need to implement their visions;
- are great team players and like to collaborate;
- care about design and coming up with well thought-out, elegant, usable solutions;
- are excellent speakers;
- are able to write well, including authoring technical papers.
Please give us a sense of why our group is right for you and how you would contribute. What novel ideas would you bring to the group? Your portfolio and/or webpages should document the different research projects you have worked on: what they are, what your role was in each of them (concept, implementation, evaluation, etc), what was interesting or innovative about each of them, and finally, some documentation of the results and/or relevant publications. Feel free to include some non-research accomplishments as well (e.g. arts, music, organization and coordination of events, initiatives you have run, etc).