Fast Company’s sixth annual Innovation By Design Awards drew more than 2,500 submissions. The 299 honorees, chosen by expert judges in 13 categories, represent the best products, services, interfaces, and ideas of 2017.
These members of the Media Lab community are among this year's honorees:
- DermalAbyss by alums Xin Liu (Fluid Interfaces), Katia Vega (Responsive Environments), and Viirj Kan (Mediated Matter) has received an honorable mention in the Students category;
- Xin Liu has also won an honorable mention for her thesis, Masque, in both the Students category and the Experimental category;
- TreeSense (by Fluid Interfaces alums Xin Liu and Yedan Qian) also got two Honorable Mentions—one in the Experimental category and one in Students category;
- Robotic Symbionts earned Sang-won Leigh (Fluid Interfaces) an honorable mention in the Experimental category;
- The CivilServant project, which stems from dissertation research by Civic Media alum J. Nathan Matias, was a finalist in the Students category.
- DuoSkin by Cindy Hsin-Liu Kao (Living Mobile) was a finalist in both the Experimental and Fashion categories.
- Cilllia byJifei Ou (Tangible Media) and Gershon Dublon (Responsive Environments) received an honorable mention in the Experimental category.
Congratulations to all!