The 2018 cycle is now closed. The 2019 cycle will open on September 15, 2018.
Information for Applicants
Media Arts and Sciences (MAS) students are fully funded (tuition, medical insurance, and stipend).
All application materials, including recommendation letters and portfolios, are required to be submitted electronically using the online application system. A complete application includes the following:
- Statement of objectives, including a link to online portfolio if required. Learn more about portfolio requirements.
- Transcripts from previously attended universities. Please upload unofficial transcripts, official transcripts are not required.
- Three recommendation letters.
- List up to three faculty members/research groups with whom you'd like to work. Include this information in the "areas of research or interdisciplinary program" field, and list faculty names at the beginning of statement of objective.
- GREs are not required.
- More information on the IELTS requirement is available on the International Students page.
We know that innovation is fostered through diversity. As such, students from underrepresented groups (women, minorities, first-generation students, and the intersections thereof) are encouraged to apply. Learn more about our diversity and community efforts.
Still have a question? Check our FAQ page for more MAS application information.