Consortium Lab Member (CLM)
As a Consortium Lab Member, your company plays a leading role in fulfilling our mission to create transformative technologies, experiences, and systems that enable people to reimagine and redesign their lives. For up to a three-year period, consortium members have the rare and unique opportunity to engage with Media Lab students, researchers, and faculty on key research areas of common interest and global importance. Membership benefits include:
- Access to research updates through the password-protected Member Portal
- Invitations for your representatives to each of the Media Lab’s biannual Member Meetings
- Non-exclusive, license-free, royalty-free licensing rights for IP to all work created in the Media Lab during your membership years
- Lab-wide visiting privileges for your employees and customized company day at the Lab with a strategic brainstorming session—deep dives into a Media Lab research group or project of specific interest to your organization—with Media Lab faculty, staff, and students
- Invitation to Lab-wide lectures and special events
- Student recruitment
- Featured status on the MIT Media Lab website as a Member
Consortium Research Lab Member (CRLM)
This provides all the benefits of a CLM plus the opportunity to have an employee-in-residence at the Media Lab to engage deeply in collaborative projects with a faculty member and become part of a research group.
Rébecca Kleinberger, Harman International Liaison + MIT Media Lab PhD Graduate, talks about her experience as a CRLM participant.