A number of Media Lab researchers and alumni participated in UbiComp 2021, an interdisciplinary conference which brings together international researchers, designers, developers, and practitioners to present and discuss novel results in all aspects of ubiquitous and pervasive computing.
- Keynote: Emotion, Social Robots, and a New Human-Robot Relationship (Cynthia Breazeal)
- "AmbientBreath: Unobtrusive Just-in-time Breathing Intervention Using Multi-sensory Stimulation and its Evaluation in a Car Simulator" (Jinmo Lee, Neska Elhaouij, Rosalind Picard)
- "Captivates: A Smart Eyeglass Platform for Across-Context Physiological Measurement" (Patrick Chwalek, David Ramsay, Joseph A. Paradiso)
- "Designing Interactions Beyond Conscious Control: A New Model for Wearable Interfaces" (Abhinandan Jain, Adam Haar Horowitz, Felix Schoeller, Sang-won Leigh, Pattie Maes, Misha Sra)
- "A Pilot Study using Covert Visuospatial Attention as an EEG-based Brain Computer Interface to Enhance AR Interaction" (Nataliya Kosmyna, Chi-Yun Hu, Yujie Wang, Qiuxuan Wu, Cassandra Scheirer, Pattie Maes)
- "A Scalable Solution for Signaling Face Touches to Reduce the Spread of Surface-based Pathogens" (Camilo Rojas, Niels Poulsen, Mileva Van Tuyl, Daniel Vargas, Zipporah Cohen, Joe Paradiso, Pattie Maes, Kevin Esvelt, Fadel Adib)
- "WiStress: Contactless Stress Monitoring Using Wireless Signals" (Unsoo Ha, Sohrab Madani, Fadel Adib)